“The record has shown that since 1968, 95% of all Olympic and World Championship medals from the 800 through the Marathon were won by athletes who lived or trained at altitude. It can therefore be concluded that altitude training is necessary for success in endurance events.” – Dr. Joe Vigil, 2008 USA Olympic Team Running Coach
Altitude Training Strategies:
Depending on the demands of your sport, there are many different ways to apply Hypoxico technology to your training. We are happy to provide free consultation on best practices based on your athletic goals. As it pertains to strategy, there are three specific methodologies that we encourage our clients to implement. Keep in mind, these protocols can be mixed and matched to fit your lifestyle and achieve maximum adaptation. Some clients will use just one while others will consistency implement all three.
Altitude training has been proven to provide the following benefits to athletes:
- Increase VO2 max and lactate threshold.
- Increase power output and Speed.
- Enhance Endurance and Stamina.
- Reduce recovery time.
- Increased capillarisation (density and length), enabling increased oxygen delivery to tissues.
- Boost in mitochondrial enzymes allowing more efficient use of oxygen for energy production.
- Decreased heart rate and blood pressure.
- Increased production and release of human growth hormone.
- Stimulation on fat-burning metabolism.
In addition, Hypoxico works directly with the USA Olympic Committee and other international olympic federations. Most recently, Hypoxico installed an environmental simulation chamber in the USA Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs that simulates not only altitude, but also temperature and humidity. The chamber helped the USA earn the most medals at the Rio Olympic Games in 2016.
Call Sporty Lifestyle Aruba to schedule for a first consult and high altitude test!
First places available as of Februari 5, 2018